Kintronic Laboratories is a closely held corporation, incorporated under the laws of the State of Tennessee with offices and manufacturing facilities located at 144 Pleasant Grove Road in Bluff City, Tennessee. Our mailing address is P.O.Box 845, Bristol, TN 37621-0845. Our facilities and resources include:
- A professional engineering staff providing over 200 years of combined experience in the design of complex AM/Medium Wave broadcast antenna systems.
- A complete manufacturing capability including: manually operated and CNC machine shop, sheet metal fabrication, welding facilities, and paint booth.
- Medium Wave/Short Wave antenna test range for engineering evaluation and field testing of antenna concepts.
- Engineering workstations permitting numerical modeling of a variety of antenna designs consistent with customer requirements.
- Indoor test range for evaluation of microwave antenna designs.
- From the office staff to the engineering staff, to the manufacturing personnel, we at Kintronic Labs are dedicated to total quality products and service. Kintronic Labs also maintains a large inventory of RF components ready for immediate delivery.
Antenna Measurement Facility
Kintronic Labs also offers an indoor Measurement Facility for Microwave antennas. The facility consists of two shielded anechoic measurement chambers. The smaller chamber (12’W x 12’H x 20′ L) is currently operational for antenna pattern measurements. The larger chamber (16′ W x 16′ H x 38′ L) is planned to be operational in the near future. The small chamber has been used for both antenna pattern measurements and EMC testing. Either chamber can be adapted to the user’s needs.
The Kintronic Labs engineering staff is available to work with customers on projects which can make use of the facility and looks forward to continually adding new capabilities to the measurement system. The chambers are available for use both as anechoic shielded rooms and in conjunction with Kintronic Labs Staff and measurement equipment.
A key component of the facility is the flexible measurement control and processing system, which was written in house to provide maximum versatility. The measurement system development was backed by over 50 years of antenna and RF component measurement experience. The measurement and signal processing capabilities of the facility will continue to grow in response to Kintronic Labs internal development efforts and by responding to the needs of our customers. At present, the capabilities include antenna gain and pattern measurements, time domain gating with resolution enhancement, and custom plotting and data analysis.
Several Key Features of the Anechoic Chambers are listed in the following table:
|Small Chamber||Large Chamber|
|Frequency Range||.75 to 20 GHz||.08 to 20 GHz|
|Chamber Dimensions(W x H x L)||12′ x 12′ x 20′||16′ x 16′ x 38′|
|AUT Size (Function of Frequency)||48″ Max Dimension||72″ Max. Dimension|
|Measured Gain Accuracy Relative to Standard||+/- 1 dB||+/- 1 dB*|
|Amplitude Ripple in “Quiet Zone”||+/-.1 dB||+/-.1 dB*|
|Measured Polarization||V & H||V & H|
|Cross Polarization Level||<-30 dB||<-30 dB*|
|Positioner Travel Range||370 deg.||370 deg.|
|Angular Encoder Resolution||.005 deg.||.005 deg.|
The measurement facility in conjunction with Kintronic Labs engineering and fabrications capabilities, continues the 50 year tradition of meeting the custom antenna needs of customers in government, academic, broadcast, and wireless industries. Contact the Kintronic Labs staff (423-878-3141 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss how we can be of service.
At Kintronic, the Customer Comes First